Laser Hair Reduction - (See laser price list)
Laser is a light energy, that light is attracted to the melanin (colour of hair) that then heats up creating lysis (breakdown) . Melanin in the hair shaft absorbs light energy which converts to heat energy.
Since hair grows in cycles, a series of treatments are performed every 6-8 weeks. The number of treatments required will vary for each person depending on skin colour, hair colour, coarseness of hair & hormones. Most people will require between 8-10 treatments as the laser hair removal process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle. Repeat treatments are needed to destroy these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.
What to Expect
- Removal of unwanted body hair depending on your skin type and hair color
- More than one laser sessions may be needed after an interval of five weeks
- Progressively lesser visible hair growth after each laser session
- Skin gets its natural color back shortly after laser treatment session
- Pink or reddish color may linger for a day or two at most
Precautions before Treatment
• Shave & exfoliate 24 hours before treatment
• Thoroughly clean area to be treated
• Remove ALL make-up, moisturizers, sunscreen, fragrance, deodorant
• No exfoliation ,waxing, tweezing 6 weeks prior
• No sunbeds/ tanning 6 weeks prior to treatment.
• Immediately after treatment, there should be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) of each hair follicle in the treatment site, which may last up to 2 hours, or longer. The erythema may last up to 2-3 days.
The treated area will feel like sunburn for a few hours after treatment.
• Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment as long as the skin is not irritated.
• Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation).
• Use a sunblock (SPF 30+) at all times throughout the course of treatment.
• Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment products or similar treatments (waxing, electrolysis or tweezing, epilation) that will disturb the hair follicle in the treatment
area for 6 weeks after the laser treatment is performed. Shaving may be used.
• Anywhere from 5-14 days after the treatment, shedding of the treated hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by exfoliating a week after
• After the axilla (underarms) is treated, you may wish to use a powder instead of a deodorant for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.
• There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours